I was recently on a cruise. One day while walking along a hallway, I noticed carpeting with fish swimming forward to help passengers remember which way the front of the ship was. As I looked at all of the gold fish moving in one direction, I noticed a few red fish swimming in the opposite direction! The little red fish, all by himself, might represent the journey of a great many people with ADHD. This could be you. Perhaps you:
- Struggled in school, wondering why it took you twice as long as everyone else to complete your work.
- Knew that you were smart, but couldn’t see how to get over the finish line like other people.
- Are an entrepreneur, working from home, trying to stay on top.
- Are a woman caring for a family, staying up late in order to get things done.
- Are overwhelmed on the job, falling behind on emails and projects.
- Are an adult who is newly diagnosed and are having a hard time navigating the treatment maze.
- Get a diagnosis.
- Explore medication options.
- Check for learning challenges or disabilities.
- Seek out behavioral interventions, such as cognitive behavioral therapy or coaching.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat an ADHD-friendly diet, which includes protein and fish oils.
- Educate yourself about ADHD.
- Join an ADHD community.
If you are tired of fighting the current, consider calling today for a complimentary coaching session!